Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers & Zucchini Sticks


A couple of months ago, I was perusing Rachel Ray’s magazine and became extremely intrigued with her Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers & Zucchini Sticks recipe. I tore it out and have been periodically eyeballing it. Last night I decided to go for it and make the recipe for dinner. I hate to say it, but I was disappointed! The recipe was rather labor intensive – I don’t mind that if it is fantastic… but this was ‘eh’. The biggest disappointment was the amount of oil that the dish needed… it was basically fried chicken and fried zucchini… I definitely wouldn’t have made the dish if I knew how much oil it needed (I don’t have a problem with fried food, but it’s reserved for times that we are out & about --- I don’t make fried food for the family). The recipe is also touted as a “kid-friendly” recipe. I am very proactive about having children cooking in the kitchen, but this recipe is not a dish that I would want a child to make - hot oil splatters – it can be very dangerous for inexperienced and little cooks, and there was constant opening and closing of the oven – I think this one is best for the adults to make.

The next Rachel Ray’s recipe to make is Too-Tasty-to-Be-Good-for-You Cauliflower Mac 'n' Cheese…. Stay tuned for that review ;)

No comments: